Call it a hunch, but we think 2021 is going to be a year that we build a lot of @campagnolosrl Ekar 13. Why? Let’s review:
1. As a 1x13 it’s got tighter spacing than 1x11 or 1x12.
2. The shifts are crisp, the brakes are lovely.
3. Lightest production groupset on the market.
4. That crankset is next level up close with its raw UD carbon fibers showing.
5. Intelligent new T47 bearing seal design should keep bearings happier longer.
7. We were able to spec TD3 and Flaanimal Ekar builds and land at a great spot for cost vs a lot of other Ekar bike offerings on the market. Usually we’re more expensive than almost anyone because we’re so small, but it worked out with Ekar that we’re lean and competitive.
7. Everyone we’ve met at Campy has been super nice and eager to make something really thoughtful for gravel. We should have put this at the number one spot because we really only want to work with positive people and friendly brands.
Also of note on this bike is the @sellerepente Quasar saddle which happens to also be a Made In Italy affair. We’ve been talking to Repente for years, swapping notes and testing their saddles. They went from more road / race Prime in the beginning to adding the gravel tuned Artax a bit later, and now they’ve dropped the Quasar which is what is on this build. Quasar is a part of that move towards wider / shorter saddles that we are seeing riders prefer and this saddle has been a joy to ride. The metal rails vs the carbon rails on the other models feel more at home for rugged gravel and bikepacking, and this was finally the saddle for us to take to the next level and offer standard on mid to high end builds. We’ve got a custom Rodeo + Repente version in production now and are excited to show it next month. :)
It’s always worth reminding people that every bike we build is custom. We list excellent standard options on the site but we can tweak any build to suit your goals and keep the cost where you want it.
Inspired by the Southwest. Heading to the Northwest.
🌵✖️ 🌧 collab.
Happy New Bike Day Jonathan. This one makes us smile and we hope it does the same for you!
Our bikes as hard as we can. Never lose touch with the fact that true inspiration for everything we do comes from time spent in the saddle.
If we stay where things are familiar we will quickly grow stale. To stay challenged we always seek out the new. New paces to ride, new goals to attempt, and new people to collaborate with.
When we return home from our adventures we take our experiences and turn them into things that we can share. Stories, photos, videos, and inspired products are the fruit of our labor.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.