The summer heat is upon us at Georgia Rodeo Rally and we know to beat the heat one must take your gravel rig to the mountains and gain some elevation. Fortunately for us an oasis appeared – our Rodeo family up in east Tennessee, George and Clint have invited us to come to their neck of the woods near Hot Springs, NC to wrassle some gravel and climb some mountains – Snowbird & Max Patch. Of course, we could not refuse. We accepted their invitation and give you the Georgia Rodeo Rally – Del Rio Summer Field Trip.
Facebook Event: https://fb.me/e/4hercVb9F
June 26, 2021
Ride Time 9:00am
Location: GA Rodeo Rally – Del Rio Ride Start/End
Address: 790 TN-107, Del Rio, TN 37727
Ride Start: Fox Den / Round Mountain Market Del Rio, TN
- Rodeo Adventure Labs – https://www.rodeo-labs.com/
- Ridge Supply – https://ridgesupply.com/
Georgia Rodeo Rally welcomes you to our first ever rally road trip in the scenic TN/WNC mountains near the community of Hot Springs, NC. George has cooked up some goodness to gravel with some epic climbs and vistas amongst 4 Rodeo Rally routes to ride 41, 28 & 24 miles amid the Cherokee National Forest. George has a sense of humor and has us riding up both Snowbird and Max Patch on the Long route and Max Patch on the Intermediate and Short routes. These are not easy climbs; the rewards are amazing I hear and must be experienced. Remember what goes up must come down… just be sure to stop and see the view to get that summer field trip vibe. George is not just all laughs; he has a soft side as well and put together an alternative Short route which excludes the big climbs and adds a store stop. With this much adventure to offer who is in for a summer field trip rally?
This Summer Field Trip Rally begins and ends just down the road from Hot Springs in Del Rio, Tn (15ish miles). The ride start is at the Fox Den Restaurant and Round Mountain Market with ample parking. The Fox Den restaurant is open 6:30am – 9:00pm on the day of the rally – word is this place is legit with positive reviews https://www.facebook.com/The-Fox-Den-Restaurant-194775703898017/?ref=page_internal Come join us for pre-rally breakfast and post-rally burgers – ideal for crammin’ for the climbing and soaking up the suds at Après Rally!!!!!
Georgia Rodeo Rally – Del Rio Summer Field Trip is a rally not to miss and will surely have legendary status immediately when stories of exploding chains, cassette teeth being sheared off and derailleurs catching on fire drop but until then, start packing, grease up that granny gear and get on the bus for the Del Rio Summer Field Trip Rally. We hope to see many familiar faces from previous rallies and looking forward to the many new faces at their first rally as we get together and ride bikes in an epic location.
The concept is simple; we lay out a course, give you directions via GPX/TCX files and it is up to you to find your way from the start to the finish. Ride with a group or go as fast as you like. This is a Rally not a Race. No one is coming to change your flat tire, bring you hand sanitizer or give you a mask. Everything you do is up to you and your personal protection. It is like a long social distance group ride. No support. No sag. No aid stations. No spreading. Just you, your bike, and the gravel in front of you. There is no entry fee. None. Zero. Zip. Join us for a post ride social distance REFUEL in the parking lot.
- Long – 40.4 miles with 5500 – 6000ft gain
- Intermediate – 36.7 miles 4200 – 4700ft gain
- Short Max Patch – 27.8 miles with 3300 – 3800 ft gain
- Short – 23.8 miles with 2300 – 2800ft gain and store stop at mile 15.1
Ride with GPS – all 4 routes
The Routes are NOT Easy – Be Prepared!
There will be no visible markers for the course – not marked at all. Do your homework ahead of time and load the course to a GPS device – duh! GPS error, off course, etc. is part of the experience most devices/mapping software are reliable, but they all have quirks. Have a plan B!
Mixed Surface Ride – Recommended tire width – >35 tubeless
This is a self-supported event with no store stops. Be prepared to carry what you need. Cell service spotty at best if at all.
After-Party from 2-6pm – Bring a lawn chair/cooler and 6+ feet – Also, if you plan to Après Rally, be sure to bring a cup or other drinking container to put adult beverages in – we sure do not want to be kicked out of town and asked to not come back….
***GA Rodeo Rally Covid-19 Guidelines***
PLEASE follow these GA Rodeo Rally guidelines for the safety of yourself and others
- Bring your own PPE (mask & hand sanitizer)
- Bring your own water and nutrition (be self-sufficient)
- Stand at least 6 feet apart from one another
- Wear a face cover / mask when you are unable to social distance or stand 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer
- Do not offer or accept to shake hands, hug, elbow bumps, fist pumps etc. (in others
words try avoiding touching anyone)
- Please keep physical socializing to a minimum, use your phone or other means to
- The CDC recommends persons who are sick with fever or cough, the elderly or those at high risk, to stay at home
- If you know you have had contact with someone diagnosed with having COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you yourself have had COVID-19 in the last 30 days, please stay at home
GA Rodeo Rally will put into place the following measures
- Rally is 100% outside with ample room to social distance prior, during and after the Ride
- Staff will wear face covers / masks anytime they are near others (less than 6 feet)
- No high fives, fist bumps or hugs
- Hand sanitizer & disinfecting wipes will be available for anyone at start/finish
- No water, fluid replacement, nutrition or snacks will be provided (BYOE – Bring Your Own Everything)
- Participants will be stager started and spaced at least 6 feet apart
- Après Rally will be spaced 6+ feet apart and outside
- CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- GA Dept of Public Health – https://dph.georgia.gov/
No comment yet, add your voice below!