Flaanimal 3.0 is completely sold out.
If you missed out, don’t worry: We will announce Flaanimal 4.0 soon.
4.0 will offer a refined design and feature set, significantly lighter weight, and completely new color options.
In the mean time feel free to check out the 3.0 Flaanimal page which we will leave up for the time being.
Want to know what early adopters are thinking of their Flaanimals? Check the Flaanimal hashtag on instagram to see photos and thoughts from real owners in the real world:[wdi_feed id=”5″]
Flaanimal is about adaptability. Flaanimals core design and nuanced details all revolve around giving each owner a stable platform from with to build out their own cycling vision. Flaanimal is a generalist. It plays well in dirt and it plays well on tarmac.
- Reynolds 725 double butted, heat treated chromoly steel tubing
- English threaded 68mm bottom bracket
- Pump peg
- 3 water bottle mounts on main frame (one beneath down tube)
- Low profile internal Di2 routing on the down tube for front and rear derailleurs. External Di2 routing for rear derailleur along rear chain stay. Capped / sealed when not in use.
- 3 external, specific routing hardware configurations. Rear brake + single speed. Rear brake + 1x geared. Rear brake + 2x geared. Fixie (single speed + no external brakes). All routing hardware is removable and cappable for a clutter free frame when routing guides aren’t needed.
- 27.2 seatpost diameter
- EC44 head tube. 1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered steerer tube (Rodeo Spork 1.1). External cup tapered headset required. example: Chris King Inset 7.
- Sliding dropouts allowing for a wide range of build configurations. he included 12mm through axle sliding dropouts feature a proprietary flat mount brake mount, an industry first for sliding dropouts. This mount is compatible with hydraulic flat mount brakes only, as mechanical flat mount brakes feature significantly larger calipers. We also offer a secondary flat mount slider that moves the caliper behind the seat stays and accepts any flat mount caliper. Many third party open standard dropouts will also fit our frame’s dropout design for even more brake, axle, and gearing options. T
- Rear and front rack mounts and fender mounts are featured in standard positions.
- Front fork (Rodeo Spork 1.1) features two mid-leg eyelets for rack and fender mounting. Mid leg eyelets are spaced at 65mm for option water bottle mounting (for a total of five water bottle mounts on the frameset). Front fork max rack payload is 12.5kg.
- Rodeo Spork features a flat mount disc brake mounting surface and can also use an adapter for legacy post mount disc brake support.
- Flaanimal is Gates Carbon Drive belt drive compatible.
- Flaanimal is fully Rohloff Speedhub certified.
- Flaanimal features a stainless steel beer opener that bridges the upper rear seat stays.
- Rodeo Spork uses a 15mm front through axle
- Tire clearance / Frame: Max suggested approx 48mm at 700c with approx 4-5mm radius for space for the elements. Identical specs at 650b. Labeled tire size and measured tire size varies widely by manufactuerer, tread pattern and rim used.
- Tire clearance / Fork: Max suggested approx 48mm at 700c with approx 4-5mm radius for space for the elements. Slightly more space at 650b (60mm wide opening at 650b). Labeled tire size and measured tire size varies widely by manufactuerer, tread pattern and rim used.
- Flaanimal 3.0 build weight for a Ultegra 22 / Ritchey WCS cockpit build and a 58cm frame and 40mm gravel tires is 23.5lbs. A Rival 1 build with Ritchey Comp components weighed 23.9lbs.
- Frame hand made in Taiwan from Reynolds UK tubing.
- Fork hand made in Taiwan from Toray Carbon fiber.
- Seatpost collar included.
- Headset not included. Stem compression plug must be used, never a star nut.
- Flaanimals are designed and assembled for delivery in Denver, Colorado.
Flaanimal features a stable, neutral geometry tuned for road, trail, and pretty much anything in between. We’ve ridden and tested this geometry exhaustively and are very pleased with the results. Much of our core geometry is shared with our Trialdonkey 2.0, which has victories in podiums in almost every major cycling discipline such as road, cyclocross, gravel racing, and mountain biking.
We worked very hard to minimize toe interference across all Flaanimal frame sizes, maintaining at least 5mm of clearance with average shoe sizes when a 45mm tire is used.
|virtual Seat Tube (C-T)||480||500||520||540||560||580||610|
|Seat Tube (C-T)||448||468||488||508||528||548||578|
|Top Tube (effective)||520||527.65||535||545||560||580||605|
|Chain Stay (actual)||425||425||425||425||425||425||425|
|Seat Tube Angle||75||74.5||74||74||73.5||73||73|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||65||65||65||65||65||65||65|
|Head Tube Length||82||95||107||132||147||162||197|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5||69.5||70||70||71||72||72|
Complete Flaanimal Bicycle Builds
Beause Flaanimal 3.0 is so deeply discounted we are not offering a fully custom build option, but we do offer a-la carte build kits in two options and discounted Rodeo 2.0 carbon wheels if purchased at the same time as a frame.
If you have any questions about Flaanimal please feel free to get in touch. We will add any common questions here as we go.
Sign up for updates.