On our 650b rims we use a mixed modulus layup to achieve a 385 gram rim weight while keeping strength very high.
As with our Traildonkey frameset we debossed our name into the surface of the rim to create a unique and unmistakable rim belonging only to us. Our rims come in a matte flat black but are also available with color decals for an additional cost. Just send us an email when requesting color matching. Costs vary from $30 to $50.
Our 2.0 650b rim provides a wide, stable 24.5mm internal rim width designed to pair well with larger volume slick and knobby tires found on modern bikes. Wide tires (25mm through 2.1″mm tested) require a wider platform for stable performance across varying tire pressures. With larger (40mm+) tires we run our rims tubeless into the low 20psi range and with 25mm tires we run them down in the 70psi range when we want a smooth and comfortable ride. Minimum tire weights vary by rider. Our hookless rims are NOT compatible with non-tubless tires. Only tubeless specific tires may be used but you may use tubes in tubeless specific tires if you chose.
We designed our 2.0 rims with a 30mm depth with an eye towards crosswind performance. We don’t believe that deep dish carbon wheels are well suited to high crosswinds that are seen in gravel and endurance riding worldwide. The 30mm profile is well adapted overall rim strength in conditions seen in gravel and trail riding. 30mm deep rim is inherently lighter than a deep dish profile rim. keeping the rotational mass low while keeping the strength high results in a rim that spins up more quickly and feels fast in all conditions.
We teamed up with Bitex to customize their hubs and pair them with our rims. We tested a broad range of hubs over the course of 24 months and found Bitex to provide an incredible balance of performance, weight, and price rivaling many hubs on the market costing twice as much.
Our wheel builds are available now in 28h spoke counts by default, but custom builds with 24h and 32h rims are available. Just shoot us an email if you’d like to inquire about fully custom builds including spokes, hubs, nipples, and decal colors.
- Proprietary Rodeo 2.0 650b Carbon wheelset design
- Small batch hand built by Magnetic Wheel Co.
- Hookless bead profile with reinforced impact surfaces for adventure bike use
- Bead lock profile to prevent burps and leaks and makes mounting possible with only a floor pump on many models of tubeless tires.
- 30mm deep mid depth rim
- 400 gram rim weight
- 24.5mm internal width
- 30.5mm external width
- Sapim Race spokes
- Sapim brass nipples
- 28h / 28h spoke count
- 1450gr wheelset weight
- Bitex / Rodeo 2.0 custom annodized and 2 side etched centerlock disc hubs.
- Anti-scar, anti strip freehub body resists damage from powerful riders.
- 6 pawl freehub body design ensures maximal engagement.
- 15mm front through axle / 12mm rear through axle. (can be converted to 12mm front through axle)
- Tubeless valves included
- 24mm tubeless rim tape required but not included.
- Tubeless sealant required when running in tubeless configuration.
- Max suggested tubeless PSI is determined by manufacturer of tires. See tire sidewalls for indications.
- XD Drivers bodies are available separately for use with SRAM / eThirteen XD Driver cassettes