Flaanimal is a multi use steel adventure frameset designed and built around the themes of versatility and adaptability. Now in its 4th iteration, Flaanimal has been the product of non stop refinement and iteration since the day it was first designed. In its current 4.0 state we believe it to be one of the most feature rich and enjoyable steel framesets available today.
Flaanimal is meant to be built and ridden any way that you like. Each of its primary design details are intended to leave key decisions about function up to the owner. With large tire clearances, interchangeable dropouts, and completely configurable shifting and braking routing the frameset is not locked into rigid categories. As each rider’s personal style and tastes evolve Flaanimal is designed to evolve along with them.
Flaanimal 4.0 ordering
Flaanimal 4.0 has been a massive success. Thank you! Unfortunately that means we ran out of quite a few frame sizes / colors very quickly. We started a much larger 2nd production run in late February and frames are expected mid May. If your desired frame is no longer in stock you may back order it below towards the May frames or you can of course wait until frames show as back in stock when the frames arrive in Denver, CO.
If you would like to order a full Flaanimal build towards the May frames please send us an email at email@example.com so we can help work up a build sheet and get your details dialed while we wait for frames.
Flaanimal 4.0 steel adaptable adventure frameset.
The Rodeo Labs Flaanimal 4.0 is:
- Reynolds 725 custom butted CroMoly Frame
- Rodeo Spork 1.2 carbon fork / dynamo hub / USB stem cap compatible
- Flat mount brake mounts front and rear
- 12mm through axle rear (included) 15mm through axle front (included)
- 27.2 seatpost (clamp included)
- Sliding dropouts for geared, flat mount brake, 12mm axle builds (included)
- Internal down tube routing + configurable hardware (included)
- 68mm BSA English threaded bottom bracket
- Pump mounting peg
- EC44 tapered headset spec. Headset available separately
- Single speed through axle dropout available separately
- Off the back large profile flat mount brake mount available separately
- Alfine / Rohloff QR dropouts available separately
- 12mm front fork axle conversion available separately
- 160mm rear flat mount adapter available separately
- 160mm post mount brake adapters available separately
Pine Cone 48cm, Pine Cone 50cm, Pine Cone 52cm, Pine Cone 54cm, Pine Cone 56cm, Pine Cone 58cm, Pine Cone 61cm, Bleaux Deaux 48cm, Bleaux Deaux 50cm, Bleaux Deaux 52cm, Bleaux Deaux 54cm, Bleaux Deaux 56cm, Bleaux Deaux 58cm, Bleaux Deaux 61cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 48cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 50cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 52cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 54cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 56cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 58cm, Chocolate Creamsicle 61cm
If you are looking at our 650b or 700c 2.0 carbon Rodeo Wheels for your new Flaanimal be advised that all Rodeo frameset owners qualify for a standing family discount of $300 per wheelset. Just add the wheels to your cart and use code familybusiness at checkout. We verify all uses of this coupon code.
We are happy to work with customers to create full builds around their Rodeo framesets. Each build that Rodeo delivers is tailored to its owner at no additional cost. In order to create a full bike build with us, simply purchase a frameset and send us an email. We apply 100% of the frameset purchase price towards your build and we work out your build details collaboratively via direct communication. We are able to source from a huge library of parts from across the bike industry to create the bike that matches your style and goals.
Feel free to check out our build templates below to get a sense of what is possible and what pricing looks like.